What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is the wisdom of life and longevity.
Exploring Auyervedic Healing
Certainly not all people are the same, so why should health and well being be approached in a one size fits all manner? Let us introduce you to a deeply intimate and wonderful process of discovering your body.
Rtu Sandhi is the Junction between two seasons.
Stay balanced with the wisdom of Ayurveda as we transition from the growth of spring into the intensity of summer.
Let ancient knowledge guide your lifestyle choices this, and every season for optimal preventative health and well being.
Signs and Symptoms Caused by Excess Summer Heat:
- Skin rashes and hives
- Acid indigestion
- Hot flashes (non hormonal)
- Burning sensations in the hands and feet
- Anger or rage
- Avoid midday sun
- Exercise only in the early am or after the sun has set
- The diet should contain light kitcheree, salads
- Eat greens – the more bitter the better!
- Go swimming or spend time near water
- Spend time in forests or in shaded parks
- Avoid being overly critical and anger of any sort
- In general, food should be light and easy to digest
- Take cool or lukewarm showers
- Avoid overly sour, spicy, oily or fried foods
- Take slow moonlight walks
- Use sunglasses and hats
- Do natural, gentle purgation
Herbs and Substances to Reduce Heat:
- Coconut oil for self massage
- Aloe vera juice – 1 oz after meals
- Bitter greens
- Sweet, juicy berries (avoid sour!)
- Fennel (whole vegetable or seeds)
- Basmatti rice
- Maple syrup
- Triphala for purgation (use amalaki for loose stools)
We’re partnering up with our sister yoga, Bikram Yoga Philadelphia so that you can give mom what she really wants this Mother’s Day!
Gift cards can be purchased for any amount and used for yoga classes at Bikram Philadelphia OR any of our wellness spa treatments! (Ayurvedic massage, Thai massage, shiatsu, acupuncture. Browse our full list of offerings HERE.)
Gift cards can be purchased in person at the studio or online. Visit our online store. Gift cards can either be printed, or scheduled to be emailed to the recipient on a specific date. It’s so convenient, and we think mom will LOVE it.
USE PROMO CODE YogaMom at checkout.