Rtu Sandhi is the Junction between two seasons.
Stay balanced with the wisdom of Ayurveda as we transition from the growth of spring into the intensity of summer.
Let ancient knowledge guide your lifestyle choices this, and every season for optimal preventative health and well being.
Signs and Symptoms Caused by Excess Summer Heat:
- Skin rashes and hives
- Acid indigestion
- Hot flashes (non hormonal)
- Burning sensations in the hands and feet
- Anger or rage
- Avoid midday sun
- Exercise only in the early am or after the sun has set
- The diet should contain light kitcheree, salads
- Eat greens – the more bitter the better!
- Go swimming or spend time near water
- Spend time in forests or in shaded parks
- Avoid being overly critical and anger of any sort
- In general, food should be light and easy to digest
- Take cool or lukewarm showers
- Avoid overly sour, spicy, oily or fried foods
- Take slow moonlight walks
- Use sunglasses and hats
- Do natural, gentle purgation
Herbs and Substances to Reduce Heat:
- Coconut oil for self massage
- Astringent taste – found in greens and small legumes
- Aloe vera juice – 1 oz after meals
- Bitter greens
- Sweet, juicy berries (avoid sour!)
- Fennel (whole vegetable or seeds)
- Basmatti rice
- Maple syrup
- Triphala for purgation (use amalaki for loose stools)